Nilands Warehouse Galway
This project involved the speculative conversion of a single aspect 19th century warehouse, part of which dates from 1820. A new concrete frame and floors were inserted into the original stone shell to create 24 Apartments and 2 commercial units at Ground Floor. Curvaceous red balconies and patio screens were added for amenity and to bring a new dynamic into the massive stone walls. The previous derelict warehouse has been given a new lease of life, and has acted as a catalyst in the rejuvenation of this part of the city.