Mill House, Ennis
The John Russell Cornstore and Mills were built in the 1840’s on the banks of the River Fergus. Threatened with demolition a few years ago, these giant landmarks have been successfully restored and converted into Apartments, and thus rejuvenating this part of Ennis town. A new infill building, finished in white render and comprising 16 apartments is located between the original 6 storey stone mills, and overlooks the river Fergus. Architecturally, the existing stone mills have been respectfully converted, with sensitive yet imaginative interventions, to create a total of 72 units. New life has been breathed into the massive stone structures to secure their future for generations to come.